Do you need support for REMOTE LEARNING?
In December, Solar Youth, with the support of the New Haven Learning Hub Collective, secured space and funding to open 2 Learning Hubs.
Learning Hubs are safe spaces for children to go during the school day for supervised distance learning with high-speed internet access, social support, and enrichment, in a small cohort.
Children eligible to attend Solar Youth’s Hub must be New Haven residents in grades 4th through 12th, registered for the New Haven Public Schools, and demonstrate high need. Space is limited, with priority going to families currently enrolled in Solar Youth programs, or who live in the neighborhoods we serve (Westville Manor, Rockview, Brookside and Eastview Terrace). After that, priority will go to families with the greatest need. There is no cost to families.
Opening Wednesday, February 17th - Enrolling Youth NOW!
To Apply, fill in common application here
(via New Haven Learning Hubs Collective).
If you have any questions, please email Kim Dickey, SY Hub Coordinator
Answers to Some Questions:
- COVID SAFETY: Hubs will strictly adhere to infection control guidelines, including mask wearing, social distancing, and cohorting.
- Breakfast and Lunch will be provided
- Transportation is not provided (though we are working on supporting youth from West Rock on the city bus... More to come)
- Hubs are operated by Solar Youth, with the guidance of the New Haven Learning Hub Collective
- See more FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS HERE.